REPUBLIC ABSTRACT & SETTLEMENT’S COVID-19 PROCEDURES
As we all become accustomed to the new normal regarding the COVID-19 situation, we are asking for your help and understanding as we put in place procedures to protect everyone as much as possible. Our office will be open to employees only and for limited real estate closings.
The following procedures will apply to all real estate closings:
- Closing participation will be limited to necessary parties. Typically, that will be only buyers/borrowers.
- Sellers/Seller Agents and Buyer Agents: Original signed closing documents should be delivered to the lender or closing agent prior to closing. We will email the signed closing documents to you after closing. Seller proceeds and commission checks may be picked up after closing by calling ahead or may be placed in the mail if you prefer.
If you are unsure where to deliver signed documents, please contact Republic at 319-365-9300, and we will give you the necessary information.
The following procedures will apply to all abstracts:
- The courier service is still currently running and will continue to pick up abstracts.
- The office is closed to the public. If you need to drop off an abstract please give Republic a call at 319-365-9300 and we will give you further instructions.
- Final continuations will be emailed to the attorney. The work will be placed in the abstract and the abstract will be placed in storage. We will not deliver the physical abstract unless specifically requested by the attorney.
We are all in this together and working together we can control the spread of this virus. Thank you for your co-operation during this unprecedented time.
Section: Cedar Rapids IA